Visit the most popular planet in the solar system (after Earth). Find out if there’s life on Mars. Go dune-buggy racing. Enjoy the red sand and the red sky! All in a trip to Mars – your perfect holiday in 2050, possibly.
• Purple/ Band 8 books offer developing readers literary language, with some challenging vocabulary
• Text type - A persuasive text.
• A pictorial glossary is provided on pages 22 and 23 encouraging discussion and reinforcement of technical terms.
• Curriculum links - Numeracy: Space, shape and measure; Science: Forces and movement; Geography: Contrast with the local area.
• This book is paired with a story on the same theme: Star Boy’s Surprise by Jana Hunter.
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.